Getting lost in the urban jungle is a true passion of mine, and I am either constantly taking pictures or thinking about taking them. By day, I am a language teacher, translator and communication coach, but almost all my spare time is devoted to photography. Together with my partner in crime, Kristof Vande Velde, I roam the streets looking for images that excite or move me in some way. Drawn to extraordinary lighting or striking contrasts, I specifically have a taste for emotive scenes with a dark twist.
I am a member of Observe collective. For more of my work, follow me on Flickr or Instagram.
- July – September 2019: International Photography Festival Pelt “Lens op de Mens” (Pelt, Belgium)
- June 2019: An Exhibition of Diptychs by Women in Street, StreetFoto SF Festival, San Francisco Camerawork (San Francisco, USA)
- May 2019: Street Photo Milano, Observe Guest Exhibition (Milan, Italy)
- 22 September 2018 – 22 December 2018: My Home is where My Heart Is, CC De Factorij (Zaventem, Belgium)
- 4 October – 4 November 2018: True Colours, Maison des Cultures et de la Cohésion Sociale de Molenbeek (Brussels, Belgium)
- October 2018: Exhibit Around, Trieste Photo Days 2018 (Trieste, Italy)
- March – May 2018 Fotofestival Knokke (Unknown Masterpieces, Knokke, Belgium)
- 14 July 2017 – 31 August 2017 8mm exhibition (Gent, Belgium)
- 14 – 23 July 2017 Observations 2017 Down by the River exhibition (Iserlohn, Germany)
- 18 June – 20 August 2017 International Photography Festival Overpelt “Lens op de Mens” (Overpelt, Belgium)
- 3 – 11 June 2017 guest photographer at the exhibition Sinksen 17 organized by Pxl (Kortrijk, Belgium)
- 18 February – 26 March 2017 There’s a Limit to the Dark solo exhibition (Ostend, Belgium)
- 18 November 2016 – 15 January 2017 Miami Street Photography Festival exhibition (History Miami Museum, Miami, USA)
- October 2016 Brussels Street Photography Festival exhibition (Brussels, Belgium)
- December – January 2016 Fotonale Brugge 2016 exhibition (Bruges, Belgium)
- December – January 2015 Fotonale Brugge 2015 exhibition (Bruges, Belgium)
- August – October 2014 “Wander/Wonder” solo exhibition (Ghent, Belgium)
- Observe has published several magazines with work from its members. My work is included in Reflections on Faith (Vol.3, N°1, 2018) and Reflections on Nostalgia (Vol.4, N°1, 2019).
- In the summer of 2018, I was a guest creative director for Street London, a 3-day street photography symposium in the heart of London. I was also a guest in the 2017 edition.
- I’m a moderator for the Flickr group Hardcore Street Photography (HCSP)
- I curate the Flickr group of the wonderful APF Magazine: check out their website here!
- I was featured on Sokak Hikayeleri, a Turkish website that aims to promote street photography (in Turkish)
- Fokko Muller of Straatfotografie.nl interviewed me a while back (in Dutch)
- In the summer of 2017, I was a guest at the London Street Photography Festival 2017.
- Together with Nils Jorgensen, I was an international guest at the 2017 edition of the Street Photography Slide Night in Luxembourg (website, Facebook), where I showed a selection of my work.
- Casey Meshbesher featured my work in museums in her women-only street photography magazine Her Side of the Street. If you’re a female street photographer yourself, join her Facebook group here! The interview was also picked up by the Italian newspaper La Repubblica in March 2017.
- The people of the brilliant Street & Repeat group on Flickr interviewed me about my way of working and my learning process.
- Michal Fanta of Odcloneno was so kind as to interview me. If you don’t understand Czech, scroll down to the English translation.
- In the summer of 2015, I visited Stockholm and documented my experiences in my first co-project with Kristof Vande Velde. Read all about our two different takes on an amazing city on the website of The Creative Escape.
- Streethunters.net were so kind as to put me in a list of 25 Inspirational Ladies of Street Photography.
- I was featured in the September/October 2014 issue and the January/February 2015 issue of the International Street Photographer Magazine.
- The kind people of Lenspeople interviewed me in May 2014.